Public speaking! When we talk about this term I believe, the fear of public
speaking is quite common in all types of people around. And it’s very easy; not only to get over this fear but to also master this skill.
Here Are Some Quick Tips To Conquer This Art:
- Be Confident !
I would like to mention a quote by Christina Grimmie, “Confidence Is Not, ‘they’ll Like Me’ Confidence Is, ‘I’ll Be Fine If They Don’t! ‘’
- Be Creative !
Monotonous is boring. I feel your script should be quite creative, catchy
and spicy enough to grab the attention of the audience- ‘Zara hatkey’.
Organize the material and the script in the most effective manner.
“Creativity Has No Limits. because Imagination Has No Boundaries!”
- Be Yourself !
They say, “A Man Cannot Be Comfortable Without His Own Approval! ” Be convinced with yourself.
- Be funny And Add Humour.
Laughter is an instant vacation. Not only you must be able to deliver
your context; but also be able to connect better to the audience without
any social hierarchy.
- Know The Audience.
You have to keep a finger on the pulse of the audience. You will come to
know what they expect from you and what they will accept from you.
- Begin With a Dynamic Starting:
“Well begun is half done!
- Stand-apart script Using of catchy quotes and acceptable local slangs
- Be presentable
Dressing up appropriately and being well-groomed is very important
- Rehearse well
Preparing the script well and not peeping through the pages.
- Checking of the audio visual AIDS
If everything goes good, technical errors should also be avoided by
checking them well in advance
- One must learn to relax his or her own body language
- Practice voice and breath control
- Prepare talking points by recording your speech or phone a friend
- Take up a course, if required.
Why Is It Important To Hone The Skill Of Public Speaking :
- Speaking at events and conferences is a good way of building credibility
- Effective public speaking skills can help with career advancement.
- The creativity, critical thinking skills, leadership abilities, poise, and professionalism, qualities which are very valuable for your personality development
- It helps you give a complete transformation.
What Are The Benefits Of Public Speaking :
- Public speaking helps you to demonstrate knowledge and succeed in career
- Strong public speaking kills will set us apart and make us feel more confident
- It gives us the ability to take on leadership roles.