Changing the world doesn’t need magic or power. It needs knowledge or humanity. Many great people invented, found or discovered new things to change the world. For example, Bill Gates found Microsoft which is now helping millions of people at work and even helps students to make projects. People also changed the world by abolishing or preventing different practices. For example, Nelson Mandela fought for equal rights for black people and tried to prevent racism. Let us read more about how many, people changed the world in different ways.
A few important people who changed the world with inventions-
- Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press without which it would not be easy to publish newspapers and spread the news to a large area. It would be difficult to write thousands of newspapers every day.
- Thomas Alva Edison invented the electric bulb without which we will not be able to see in the dark. Using fire to get light would is not a sustainable method as it needs a lot of wood and oil.
- Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone without which we would not have been able to communicate with our friends and relatives living in different parts of the world.
- John Baird invented the radio and television which helps us to view the whole world on a single screen. We get to know about any news from all around the world in time of few minutes.
- Charles Babbage invented the digital programming computer without which half of the careers/jobs today would not have existed and also many other careers would have been affected.
- Karl Benz invented automobile (the car) which helps everyone a lot in travelling quickly. Using Tonga or bull carts would be very time consuming and less efficient compared to automobiles.
A few people who found or discovered many things and changed the world is-
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin are founders of Google which is one of the most used search engine we can find varieties of information related to the search in a few seconds. Without it, our lives would become a lot slower.
- Brian Acton founded WhatsApp which is a very popular messaging app that helps us send messages to our friends and relatives very quickly. It is a very efficient app that also has features of video conferencing which helps us to have a live call where we can also see each other’s faces.
- John McCarthy is the founder of AI which is a huge contribution to advanced technology. It helps to improve many careers and even small actions such as digital payment, virtual classes etc.
- Jeff Bezos is the founder of Amazon which is a very popular digital shopping platform where we can buy products just sitting at a place and also we can get great deals and offers while buying products.
- George Biddell Airy discovered the GMT (Greenwich mean time) according to which all other Tim zones in the world is set.
- Louis Pasture was a French chemist who discovered pasteurization which is a very useful process to prevent the growth of microorganisms in the milk. He also discovered fermentation which is also a very useful process to convert sugar into alcohol.
A few great people changed the world by starting many acts and movements and also by abolishing and preventing many practices. Some people also changed the world with acts of kindness-
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy was a Indian historian and founder of Brahmo Samaj. He is known for abolishing the Sati practice in India.
- Abraham Lincoln is a very famous American president know for his revolt to stop the slavery system. He was against practicing racism.
- Mother Teresa was a saint in the Catholic church. She has helped many orphan kids and poor old people by building orphanages and old age homes and also by donating money to other orphanages and old age homes.
- B.R. Ambedkar is a very famous personality also known as ‘The father of Indian constitution ‘.He is famous for abolishing inequality and discrimination in India. He also fought for equal rights for Dalits.
- Rosa Parks is famous as ‘the mother of the civil rights movement’ . She became famous after the incident where she refused to give up her bus seat to a white man and thus was prisoned. She fought for equal civil rights for black people.
These are great people have truly changed or affected the world in their own method. There are many more people who have contributed to the changing world. You can read about them in this book which I used for reference. We all can change the world together. ‘Small acts of kindness will surely become a big change.’ Thank you…
‘The combination of Knowledge and Humanity is the strongest weapon for changing the world.’
Quote by Krishanth Krishnan